whoa…time really flies!
we launched our first monthly in july and we’ll be back next monday, august 11th for round two at trophy bar!
we had a great turn out last month, even in the midst of a monsoon, so we hope to see all of your beautiful faces and more next week. in case you missed it, check out last month’s questions and test your knowledge by leaving your answers in the comment section below .
- what 90’s r&b crooner is responsible for writing and producing maxwell’s hit “fortunate”?
- kameelah williams, lead singer of 702 has a child with what popular “neo soul” artist?
- tlc “no scrubs” was originally written for what pop super star?
- this popular 1998 mariah carey single was not allowed to chart on the hot 100 because of billboard rules due to it’s limited release but still received massive video & radio air play?
- this 2000 song by aaliyah was the first song ever to reach number 1 on the billboard hot 100 solely based on radio air play?
- name 5 members of black men united.
- what male group is made up of fantasia’s first cousins?
- who wrote brandy’s “slower” and rihanna’s “disturbia”?
- what group recorded previously aaliyah’s “come over”?
- what r&b diva started her career singing background for mariah carey?
can’t wait to see you on monday and don’t forget to bring your a-game!